Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralNano and Desktop GUI
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nano and Desktop GUI

Hi,

I am waiting for my Antsle One but in the mean time have been playing with Nano(I got this as part of the xmas special)...

I am a total newbie, so apologies to you all upfront. I want to run a ubuntu desktop(gui) on the nano, but this seems hard to do. I have followed a number on forum suggestions but I dont seem to be able to do it. I have setup an antlet with ubuntu 20.04(KVM), updated it to the latest levels and tried to install xfce4 with "sudo apt install xfce4". If issue is every time i try to click on the console button i only get the cursor blinking at me not the graphical interface. I have read other entries about installing VNC but for me no go.. Can anyone point me to a good document on for to do this(step by step) or list here, so i can get it going? I am sure i am doing something wrong(dumb) but was hoping someone for like to help..

thanks

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @kryten

Thanks for letting us know about this potential bug.

I'll look into this template and keep you updated.

Hi @kryten

This took me some time but I was able to get XFCE4 installed using our Ubuntu-20.04 KVM template.

Here's the code I used to update/upgrade the system and install XFCE4.

sudo su
apt update
apt list --upgradable
apt upgrade
apt autoremove
apt install xfce4
I chose "lightdm" but there's also "gdm3"
Reboot the antlet.

I've attached some screenshots of how my antlet looks like in the Console.

Uploaded files:
  • ubuntu_20.04_xfce1.jpg
  • ubuntu_20.04_xfce2.jpg

Thanks Daniel

I got it going

lancem and daniel.luck have reacted to this post.
lancemdaniel.luck

Hi @kryten

That's great to hear.