Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

move Antsle One motherboard to DIY

Hello everyone,

I have an old Antsle One and I would like to move the motherboard to my DIY NAS.  But I found the heatsink is difficult to remove. It kinda of glued (?) to the top metal cover.

Anyone has the experience how to remove it ?

Hi @brg3466

Thanks for contacting antsle Support.

I'm not sure why the motherboard on your antsle is difficult to remove, but I have attached some instructions on removing the motherboard from the antsle.

To open the antsle remove the four feet and the two screws on the front and rear edge of the bottom panel.
Remove the rear panel four screws, one in each corner. This will make it easier to reinstall the motherboard.
The motherboard has eight screws, one in each corner and four in the center plate which hold the CPU to the heat sink.
You will probably want to clean the old thermal paste from the CPU and heatsink and apply new thermal paste if dried up.
Be careful removing the motherboard as the front panel wires are just long enough to let you flip the motherboard over and place it just out side the case. It can be helpful to have a fat book next to the case to lay the motherboard on.

With XDs the RAM has heatsinks with thermal paste on the top edge which can make it difficult to remove the motherboard. We found that heating up the case a bit makes it easier to remove the motherboard - either by powering up the antsle for a while or using a heat gun on the outside of the case.

The nvme is mounted on the motherboard and has a single screw holding it in place and is easy to replace.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Hello @daniel-luck,

Thank you for the reply!

It is not difficult to remove the motherboard, in fact, as I mentioned, I found it difficult to remove the aluminum heatsink, which seems glued to the machine metal body.

Hi @brg3466

Thanks for the update.  Here are instructions for removing the heatsinks below:

With XDs the RAM has heatsinks with thermal paste on the top edge which can make it difficult to remove the motherboard. We found that heating up the case a bit makes it easier to remove the motherboard - either by powering up the antsle for a while or using a heat gun on the outside of the case.

Thank you,
antsle Support