Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Master Reset of Antsle Hardware Utilizing the New ISO - Does Not work

I submitted a request for help a few days ago because my engineer accidentally blew away the OS on our Antsle.  We received a great reply back stating that this was a good time for this to happen because Anstle has a new OS that needs to be loaded basically from bare metal up then migrate your antlets back.  The administrator sent us to a link for the ISO download and the instructions.  Now so far everything has been great, ISO downloaded, no problem created a bootable usb from the ISO all following the documented process.

Everything was going according to the documented process except where there is a bug in the ISO setup for the enabling of the interface.  So following some related forum suggestions I manually enabled the interface however this does not fix the issue.  So what happens after you are prompted to reboot, then log in, the system starts to install edgelinux it fails with the following message. Failed to start edgeLinux installer, please check your network connection and reboot to try again.  Now I have tried several times with the same result.

I can run dhclient -v and it will pick up the DHCP address it was supposed to have when I manually selected the configuration when I was going through the install setup.  The problem now is, I can't kick off the edgelinux installer.  Can someone post the steps to fix this for a non-Linux user?  Anstle constantly advertises this is the easiest way to run a private cloud however the easiest thing in the world is resetting a machine and they have made this process a struggle.  I love my my Antsle but hate this process.  Please post detailed steps to resolve this issue.

dluck007 has reacted to this post.
dluck007

Hi sincitycio:

I had the exact same issue yesterday with my refubished gold Antsle one.

Here are the commands I used to fix the issue:

yum -y update --exclude=kernel*
yum install -y /opt/elinstaller/rpms/*
yum install -y epel-release
yum install -y ansible wget
cd /opt/elinstaller
./install-local
shutdown -r now

This worked for me, and I was able to log into antMan after activating the Antsle one.

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

Thank You!  You are the man!   That worked perfectly.

Thanks

Sincitycio