Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralMassive Downloads to Antsle
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Massive Downloads to Antsle

I have an Antsle One that, beginning July 5, has been downloading several hundred MB of data each day.

Last night around midnight, it downloaded over 2 GB!

It has an Ubuntu LXC antlet (Plex server), which I've configured to not download trailers, extras, and such.

On July 7, I added a Windows 10 antlet, but blocked it from internet access using my Google Wifi router.

My Antsle One XD (at a different location) has not exhibited this same behavior.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Is there some Gentoo command I can use to see what process is using the network?

Thanks

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20190710-094739_Google-Wifi.jpg
  • Screenshot_20190710-132149_Google-Wifi.jpg

You can try installing 'nethogs'

emerge nethogs

Run it with the command (thats a zero in br0 not the letter oh)

nethogs br0

Nethogs will show the process and pid if the traffic is from the edgeLinux OS.
If the connection is from an antlet then you just see a ? and the IP addrss of br0.
If the antlet is communicating via a bridged NIC then you will see the IP address of that NIC which should help narrow it down.

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

Thanks. It hasn't happened since, but I'll try that next time it does.