Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

LXC antlets and resources (RAM especially)

I created an Ubuntu LXC antlet and I realize that an LXC has access to "all the resources of the antsle".

I noticed that, on the antlet, if I do a top commend, I see the full memory of my antsle (64 GB in this case).

So, if the LXC antlet has access to the full memory, does it matter what I select for the memory in the antlet settings?

I currently have 6GB RAM configured, but I don't think it seems to matter.

Same for the # of CPUs.

Thanks

Sure wish there was an explanation of this. I'm trying to move an antlet to a LINODE vm, and what I thought was running great at 1gb doesn't work.

(I'm moving the antlet by installing all the software requirements on the linode, copying the database, and the app code. So I guess that really isn't moving, but more like building another instance.)

Interestingly, I recently upgraded my Antsle One XD from gentoo (0.12.1) to centos (2.0.0) and now LXCs use the resources they are assigned.

I set all my LXCs to 1 GB RAM and 1 vCPU and when I did a top command (after the upgrade), the LXC actually showed 1 GB RAM and 1 CPU.