Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

LXC antlet access to external zpool and dataset on USB HD via mount --bind

Based on the below, you can bind a ZFS dataset to an LXC antlet.

I added an external HD with a 'backup' zpool and 2 datasets (backup/Images, backup/Data) and I would like to have a permanent bind of these datasets to the antlet. The below seems to work but breaks from time to time after a reboot and I need to re-bind them, any advice?

mount --bind /backup/Data /antlets/NAS/backup/Data 

mount --bind /backup/Images /antlets/NAS/backup/Images 

Thanks

https://docs.antsle.com/system/access-your-hdd-or-ssd-add-on

Hi nadigo:

Can you let us know if the external zpool is still mounted after reboot?

Or is it just the bind that needs to be executed again?

After reboot, both the pool and zfs datasets for the external USB drives are mounted fine.

The bind mount didn't execute after reboot even after I added it to Antman fstab  (see below)

root@nadigo:~ # cat /etc/fstab 

#

# /etc/fstab

# Created by anaconda on Thu Jun 17 10:04:31 2021

#

# Accessible filesystems, by reference, are maintained under '/dev/disk'

# See man pages fstab(5), findfs(8), mount(8) and/or blkid(8) for more info

#

UUID=b40f8224-f5df-4cb4-9bcc-4406d9c04865 /                       xfs     defaults        0 0

UUID=8047b59f-131d-4cd2-b5ab-9969c0e635c7 /boot                   xfs     defaults        0 0

/swapfile none swap sw 0 0

#

#

#/backup/Images /antlets/NAS/backup/Images none rw,bind 0 0

#/backup/Data /antlets/NAS/backup/Data none rw,bind 0 0

#/media/Music /antlets/NAS/media/Music none rw,bind 0 0

#/media/Movies /antlets/NAS/media/Movies none rw,bind 0 0

From what I read, there used to be a bug in systemd when auto moving fstab binds mounts to systemd.

Added this to my systemd to see if this resolves the issue

** learned I need to keep the file name based on the directory structure (antlets-NAS-backup-Images.mount)

root@nadigo:systemd/system # cat antlets-NAS-backup-Images.mount

[Unit]

Description= nas bind

#Requires=

After=antman.service

[Mount]

What=/backup/Images

Where=/antlets/NAS/backup/Images

Options=bind

Type=none

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

Hi nadigo:

That's a great idea using systemd.

I was going to recommend using scheduling a crontab to execute the command, but systemd may be a better way to go.