Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Look into better shipping options for Canadian customers

Hello, would you consider looking into better shipping options for Canadian customers?

I just got whacked by a huge surprise bill in the mail from UPS for the antsle nano I recently ordered from you guys.

I never even had a chance to choose the shipping company I would use (which seems to be what some internet commenters ignorantly think buyers should do, according to my google searches, as if they always even have a chance to), and now I am being whacked with a $95.08 CAD bill from them. Only $26.94 CAD is actual sales tax (13% Harmonized Sales Tax), and then $54.30 CAD is Entry Prep Fee and $6 Bond Fee, and then 13% HST on that too of $7.84. Considering also that I originally only paid $17.95 USD for delivery (or about $25 CAD) at about a 1.39 exchange rate. This on a small little item that is 2 pounds.

I think maybe anstle isn't aware that UPS is screwing over Canadian customers on their brokerage fees!

If one just considers not the HST, but the $54.30 CAD entry prep fee + $6 bond fee and the HST on that which is caused by their own charges, that's $68.14.

That $68.14 is about 2.7 times what I originally paid for the shipping and about 28% of the order I made, which is on top of the 13% HST I have to pay anyway, for 41% altogether. If you add the shipping cost to that portion and not in the portion of the price of the original order, that goes up to 56%. Then also consider all that has just the portion of the original antsle nano itself and not the first month of antman essential subscription, the percentage I have to pay altogether for shipping all combined was 58% of the cost of the item!

In the meantime, I don't know if this is of any help:

https://citroenvie.com/how-to-avoid-upsfedex-canada-brokerage-fees/

I ordered my Antsle device over a year ago.  I was at the "buy" step when I noticed that it was to ship via UPS.  I stopped at that point.  Subsequently I had a long discussion with Antsle about the problems using UPS poses for cross-border delivery for Canadians.  We were able to come to an acceptable option and I went ahead with my order.

It's too bad a year later they haven't been able to do anything by default for this.

My Antsle purchase was made almost a year ago. When I saw that UPS will be used for shipping, I was at the "purchase" stage. I came to a halt there. I then had a protracted conversation with Antsle regarding the challenges Canadians have when utilizing UPS for cross-border deliveries. After reaching an agreement on a solution, I placed my order. drift hunters