Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

libvrt error, while installing kubuntu or ESXi

I see the following error, when I try to install kubuntu(LXC) or ESXi
"Could not define libvirt domain for antlet"

Does anyone seen this or how to resolve this issue ?

Chris Wash has reacted to this post.
Chris Wash

What name are you using for your antlet?

Quote from udayak on October 30, 2019, 3:12 pm
I see the following error, when I try to install kubuntu(LXC) or ESXi
"Could not define libvirt domain for antlet"

Does anyone seen this or how to resolve this issue ?

I see the same problem with most any ISO that I upload.

Is there a spot in logs or command I can run to troubleshoot?

Any updates on this?

I filed a support ticket #679 -- will report back with any findings.

Reply received from support -- looks like there are a few extra steps to work from just an ISO; not sure if that was the root cause of the OP's error message but it was for me:

Using an ISO as a template is currently not supported, this feature is meant for machines after the installation process, for example: Importing a machine from VMWare.
To install an ISO, please follow these instructions: https://docs.antsle.com/installiso/
Once having installed the OS in an antlet, you can then create a template from such antlet.