Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Is it possible to use 3rd party VNC clients with our antlets?

Hi,

Is it possible to use 3rd party VNC clients with our antlets?

I want to access my antlets using a VNC client where I can fullscreen them on my monitor especially if I want to analyze malware on my lab.

I tried VNC Viewer and TigerVNC and I get a refuse connections to my antlets. Anything special I have to do on my side?

Also, is it possible to fullscreen antlets from antsle? Is there another better solution?

Thanks!

Hi @0k

That's a great question!

Our antMan uses NoVNC as default viewer for our antlets.
On our Windows antlets, we have the RDP protocol enabled so you can use RDP to connect to them.

By default, our antlets create Port Forward for RDP protocol.
If your Linux antlet has GUI, you can try installing XRDP to access.

For example, on my Test-Win11 antlet with IP Address 10.1.1.11, there is Port Forward created for 3011 (3000 + 11).
Therefore I can access the RDP by going to antsle_host:30xx (in my case:  lucky:3011).

See attached screenshots for examples.

I'm going to reach out to our developers to ask them about the NoVNC integration.  It's my understanding that it's only built into Console of antMan.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Uploaded files:
  • port_forward_rdp_port.jpg
  • rdp_test_win11.jpg
0K has reacted to this post.

Thanks!

I'm using a Macbook Air M1 and on the Linux machine I installed the xRDP as you suggested and it worked great, fullscreen and all.

For the Mac client, I used the Microsoft's free Remote Desktop for MacOS.

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @0k

Thanks for sharing.
Glad that you are able to xRDP on your antlets.

Thank you,
antsle Support

0K has reacted to this post.