Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

File upload / image import not working

Hello,

I have made several attempts to upload images in vmdk, ova, and iso format and all have failed. I attempt to drag the iso into the box for upload and receive the error that it failed. I have also attempted to navigate using the open dialog and it too fails. The only way I have been successful is loading my image to a flash drive and physically plugging it into the server. I then have to mount the flash drive and pull import the image from there. I saw a couple of messages about this issue and was wondering if it has been resolved or will it have to wait till the CentoOS upgrade.

thanks,

N.

Same issue.  System can not load any ISO files.  Fails the moment I drag the file over.

Anstle Support:  Is there a solution to this issue?

Antsle Support are you out there?  Still no resolution to the problem.  Antsle One is basically useless now.

njgates, did you ever get this resolved?

I have a work around until support fixes the issue.

If you are receiving a `413 - Request Entity too large` error, it is because NGINX defaults to 1MB. This is obviously not large enough to upload an ISO.

You can fix this yourself with a simple adjustment to the NGINX config file.

• ssh into your antsle as root user.
  • modify the /etc/nginx/nginx.conf file with vi or nano
  • in the html section add the line below:
  • client_max_body_size 100000M;

• save the file
  • restart NGINX with this comand:
  • nginx -s reload

You now should be able to upload the file.

lancem and m40295 have reacted to this post.
lancemm40295

@jared_85k  It does not report any error, just fails.  I have tried several .iso images that I know worked in the past.

@antsle is there a resolution for this or should a ticket be entered?

Uploaded files:
  • imageupload.jpg
m40295 has reacted to this post.
m40295

just FYI

antMan 3.1.0a does NOT correct this issue

The import process DOES work if you use the absolute path and the .iso is stored on a usb drive mounted on the antsle

m40295 has reacted to this post.
m40295

Just verified with support.  I am using the CentOS edgeLinux 2.0.0 and antMan 3.1.0

IF you connect to your antsle server using a hostname.antsle.us (like I always do) then the Drag and Drop import fails. The Path option still works as long as it is a mounted location to the Antsle.

IF you connect to your antsle server via IP address (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3000) then the drag and drop import works just fine.

They have opened a ticket with development to see whats up.

I know under Gentoo edgeLinux 0.12.1 and antMan 2.2.1a the drag and drop method worked for me.

0K has reacted to this post.
Quote from jared_85k on March 3, 2020, 8:07 pm

I have a work around until support fixes the issue.

If you are receiving a `413 - Request Entity too large` error, it is because NGINX defaults to 1MB. This is obviously not large enough to upload an ISO.

You can fix this yourself with a simple adjustment to the NGINX config file.

• ssh into your antsle as root user.
  • modify the /etc/nginx/nginx.conf file with vi or nano
  • in the html section add the line below:
  • client_max_body_size 100000M;

• save the file
  • restart NGINX with this comand:
  • nginx -s reload

You now should be able to upload the file.

this post fixed my issues  for importing anything

i use nano  "yum install nano"

then reload ngnix and everything works  for importing arm images

this should be fixed in the next update ,admins

first post  , not the last

"watch out for MEGA it bytes"

Quote from spollock on May 12, 2020, 6:27 pm

Just verified with support.  I am using the CentOS edgeLinux 2.0.0 and antMan 3.1.0

IF you connect to your antsle server using a hostname.antsle.us (like I always do) then the Drag and Drop import fails. The Path option still works as long as it is a mounted location to the Antsle.

IF you connect to your antsle server via IP address (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3000) then the drag and drop import works just fine.

They have opened a ticket with development to see whats up.

I know under Gentoo edgeLinux 0.12.1 and antMan 2.2.1a the drag and drop method worked for me.

Thanks, this helped me.

Instead of myantsle.antlse.us, I switched to myanstsle.local and connected to the portal. The import finally worked.

So it appears this has not been fixed yet for when you connect to your antsle using the domain antlse.us.