Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Failed to restore Cloud Antlet

Due to this error, I reinstalled edgeLinux 2.0.  I attempted to restore one of my cloud antlets via the heal antlets function. The function appeared to work; however, it did not show up on my antlets screen. So I went back and retried (see screenshot1) and got the error shown (see screenshot2)

Is there any documentation on what is going on behind the scenes here that I can clean this up?

Uploaded files:
  • Screen-Shot-2020-07-15-at-15.13.21.png
  • Screen-Shot-2020-07-15-at-15.06.24.png

@tishihtzu  I had something similar with LXC antlets and I needed to define them in Antman.  I think it would be similar for KVM antlets ...

Using the Console, check in the /antlets directory for a folder with the name of the restored antlet... verify the content is there.
also do "zfs list" and make sure the antlet is listed there.

to get antlet into antman:

virsh -c lxc:/// define /antlets/ANTLET_NAME/antlet-libvirt.xml   (LXC)

virsh -c define /antlets/ANTLET_NAME/antlet-libvirt.xml  (KVM)

@spollock I guess I have to do some research on virsh...

The /antlets are there and 'zfs list' shows them as well.

virsh errors out though:

root@tiberius:~ # virsh -c define /antlets/earswp/antlet-libvirt.xml
error: unknown command: '/antlets/earswp/antlet-libvirt.xml'

I tried adding a connect string (for the -c) with no luck either.

root@tiberius:~ # virsh -c qemu:/// define /antlets/earswp/antlet-libvirt.xml
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: internal error: unexpected QEMU URI path '/', try qemu:///system

And finally:

root@tiberius:~ # virsh -c qemu:///system define /antlets/earswp/antlet-libvirt.xml
error: Failed to define domain from /antlets/earswp/antlet-libvirt.xml
error: Cannot check QEMU binary /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64: No such file or directory

I can see that I really do not know what I am doing here. I bought the Antsle to as it wrapped all of this for me. Any suggestions on a good virsh reference?

I use this site:

https://libvirt.org/manpages/virsh.html

If it's a KVM antlet, try it without the -c:

virsh define {xmlfile}

If it's an LXC:

virsh -c lxc:/// {xmlfile}

@tishihtzu @lancem (thanks)

OMG he's correct, apologies. I messed that up!