Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralDetailed How to Guide
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Detailed How to Guide

Group,

I love my Antsle but,  my issue is there is not a lot of detailed information on how to set up, configure, and use the Antsle appliance.  There are a lot of how to's that are easy to understand but, they don't go into the detail for how fully understand using the antlet.  Example I can create antlets all day long but, there is no clear information on how to easily console into it to configure or use the built-in VNC console.  Does anyone has detailed guides on using the Antsle Appliance?  I know to some you this will be crazy easy but, for someone with little experience with Linux and other similar appliances it can be challenging.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@sincitycio -

This is good feedback - if there is something you want to do and can't find documentation for we can definitely create it.

Here are the topics I picked up from your post. Any others?

- How to SSH into your antlets --> There's this guide. And, does this video help? I can create a text based article for it

- How to use the VNC Console - I just added that to the docs here:

- How to use an antlet: This guide covers a few common uses. For most things you can google or youtube it. For example "how to install CPanel on Ubuntu" or "How to install an email server on Debian"

What did I miss, what other things would you like to see there?

This site helped me initially:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-use-antsle-to-quickly-deploy-a-virtual-machine/

It's pretty old now, but still might be helpful.

Daniel & Lanceman,

I will try these over the next couple of days and let you know how it goes.  It's been frustrating because I have this great device and really don't know how to get started.  I have worked with VmWare products for years and thought this would be easier and fun to use.  Thank You both, I will definitely be back in touch.

SinCityCio

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem