Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralConnect to nano
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Connect to nano

I received my new nano today and the link http://docs.antsle.com/setup printed on the single piece of paper in the box does not resolve to a working page.

I assume I need to know the static IP since it doesn't seem to get a dynamic ip...

I assume I power it up, plug an Ethernet to my laptop, and connect on port 3000?

Thanks,

Also, PLEASE remove the "BOOM BABY" flag that fills half the screen on my phone. It doesn't need to be on every page does it?

@Bradkuhl, that wasn't showing up on mobile for me. We'll look into it.

@ddmscott @mpbaum

I tried to start a new thread but it didn't get posted.

I need to get Ookla Server running on my Antsle nano. I've attached an install script here. It appears that the script uses uname -m to detect if the operating system is 32bit or else it loads the 64bit version. I keep getting "exe file binary error" i suspect because the nano is on aarch64 and I need to load some additional libraries or something. Is there any template that has any of the needed files to make Ookla Server run on the Nano? Can you help me to find the right files?

Thanks,

Brad

Install Instructions: https://support.ookla.com/hc/en-us/articles/234578528

Snippet of ooklaserver.sh script

root@kali:~# vi ooklaserver.sh

display_usage() {
echo "This script can be used to install or control a Ookla Server."
echo "Usage:"
echo "$0 [-f|--force] [-i|--installdir <dir>] command"
echo ""
echo " Valid commands: install, start, stop, restart"
echo " install - downloads and installs the Ookla server"
echo " start - starts the server if not running"
echo " stop - stops the server if running"
echo " restart - stops the server if running, and restarts it"
echo " "
echo " -f|--force Do not prompt before install"
echo " -i|--install <dir> Install to specified folder instead of the current folder"
echo " -h|--help This help"
echo ""
}

has_command() {
type "$1" >/dev/null 2>&1
}

detect_platform() {
# detect operating system
case $( uname -s ) in
Darwin)
server_package='macosx'
;;
Linux)
server_package='linux32'
arch=`uname -m`
if [ "$arch" = "x86_64" ]; then
server_package='linux64'
fi
;;
FreeBSD)
server_package='freebsd32'
arch=`uname -m`
if [ "$arch" = "amd64" ]; then
server_package='freebsd64'
fi
;;
*)
echo "Please Select the server Platform : "
echo "1) macOS"
echo "2) Linux (32bit)"
echo "3) Linux (64bit)"
echo "4) FreeBSD (32bit)"
echo "5) FreeBSD (64bit)"

read n
case $n in
1) server_package='macosx';;
2) server_package='linux32';;
3) server_package='linux64';;
4) server_package='freebsd32';;
5) server_package='freebsd64';;

This isn't a matter of "some additional libraries or something." Aarch64 doesn't simply support x86 or x86_64 instruction sets just by adding some additional files.  I'll gladly be corrected/educated by someone else on this but the OoklaServer binaries won't work on the Nano until they compile it to Aarch64 ... The End.

Hey @bradkuhl!

@soneill is right, when installing pre-compiled binaries on your Nano, you'll need to watch out for the aarch64 architecture. You can try to emulate an x86_64 environment on your Nano, but this will create a lot of overhead and be most likely too slow to work with.

However, if you just plan on using the ookla speedtest feature, you can use the ookla cli: https://www.speedtest.net/de/apps/cli

Simply download and extract, make it executable and move it to your PATH location:

After that, just call it by typing `speedtest` from you command line. You should be able to install it on any linux antlet of your choosing - tested with debian10 (LXC).

Thanks, I've been able to install the speedtest CLI version, however, I am needing (wanting) to host an ookla speedtest server to test from any point on my wireless radio network (wisp). I guess for now I will continue using iPerf running on an antlet. I have my nano installed at my wholesale fiber tie-in and want a way for customers to easily call up a server that should have repeatable results from any location on my network and using servers on the internet can introduce other variables.

Outside of convincing the ookla folks to compile ookla for the ARM instruction set, you will have better luck looking for x86 based (non-ARM) options for mini/micro computers.  Intel NUC immediately comes to mind but there are others out there.  You shouldn't have any issues with ookla going down this path.

As Marc indicated, putting ookla behind emulation mode on an ARM CPU would/likely be tedious and somewhat defeats the purpose of the "speed test" portion of ookla 🙂 ... all said IMHO.

Quote from soneill on March 10, 2020, 8:11 am

Outside of convincing the ookla folks to compile ookla for the ARM instruction set, you will have better luck looking for x86 based (non-ARM) options for mini/micro computers.  Intel NUC immediately comes to mind but there are others out there.  You shouldn't have any issues with ookla going down this path.

As Marc indicated, putting ookla behind emulation mode on an ARM CPU would/likely be tedious and somewhat defeats the purpose of the "speed test" portion of ookla 🙂 ... all said IMHO.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I have half a dozen or so gigabyte brix micro computers deployed, I just thought this nano would be perfect for this location.