Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Connect to LXC instance via VNC?

is it possible to run a GUI on an LXC antsle or is a KVM antsle required?  If I run virsh list, I only see instances running as KVM and I'm therefore confused as to how to obtain the vncdisplay port to try and connect to.

LXCs don’t have a graphical environment so you unfortunately can't connect to the LXC instance via VNC. You can see the LXC antlets listed out in virsh with this command however: `virsh -c lxc:/// list --all`

You would need to run a VNC server in the LXC instance, something like tightvnc for example. The antMan GUI won't know about it though so you'd have to run a separate client on your PC to connect.

I do something similar, using xrdp in a Debian LXC so I can access a Linux desktop using the Windows remote desktop protocol.

You can also get a text console on an LXC by using "virsh -c lxc:/// console name-of-lxc". Use ctrl-] (control-right-bracket) to exit.