Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralCentOS...
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

CentOS...

Page 1 of 2Next

Whats the plan heading forward for edgelinux with CentOS being dead now? Is this already being discussed somewhere else? Seems like a bunch of posts just got approved, so its difficult to navigate the forums now.

I am curious of this as well.

Hi hustlebird,

I went through to approve and/or reply to many posts.  There wasn't any posts referring to this issue.

Our edgeLinux 2.0 is based on CentOS 7 with end-of-life to June 2024.

We've been in discussions about where we are going to migrate to, but we haven't made any decisions yet.

We'll keep you updated on developments.

Thanks.

danielgalvan has reacted to this post.
danielgalvan

I think saying that CentOS is dead is a little misleading. RHat has just changed the way it tracks the development cycle of RHEL .. most folks could probably move to CentOS Stream without any issues. I read that RedHat will be offering a free dev license that will allow up to 16 servers at no cost. I know this doesn't really help Antsle since they use CentOS in a production level product.. obviously Stream would not work. There is "Rocky Linux" (coming soon) and "Alma Linux" .. the cool thing about Linux is that there are so many choices available. I for one am not too worried about this! This video by Jason Canon helped me put my company at ease:

CentOS is dead, long live CentOS!

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

The answer to this question fascinates me as well.

woodoku

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck
Quote from danielgalvan on February 7, 2021, 12:33 am

I think saying that CentOS is dead is a little misleading. RHat has just changed the way it tracks the development cycle of RHEL .. most folks could probably move to CentOS Stream without any issues. I read that RedHat will be offering a free dev license that will allow up to 16 servers at no cost. I know this doesn't really help Antsle since they use CentOS in a production level product.. obviously Stream would not work. There is "Rocky Linux" (coming soon) and "Alma Linux" .. the cool thing about Linux is that there are so many choices available. I for one am not too worried about this! This video by Jason Canon helped me put my company at ease:

CentOS is dead, long live CentOS!

I have the same opinion as you

trap the cat

daniel.luck

The answer to this question fascinates me as well.

color by number

daniel.luck

I don't think it's safe to say that CentOS is dead today, because it's a great distribution. I have been using CentOS for several years now and I love this operating system. I am used to the whole interface, the way the tools work, etc. I was very disappointed by the news that CentOS7 will be out of support in 2024, but I found a company https://tuxcare.com/extended-lifecycle-support/centos-7-extended-support/ that offers extended lifecycle support. I am willing to spend the money for that.

daniel.luck

Hello!

Here's an update regarding the OS that edgeLinux is based on.

Our developers are working on next major version of edgeLinux which will be Debian-based OS although we do not have an ETA at this time.

Thank you,
antsle Support

EdgeLinux has not officially announced a plan regarding the future of their distribution after CentOS's announcement of ending support. However, many discussions are taking place in various Linux forums and communities about the possible implications and alternatives.

Garten Of Banban

daniel.luck
Page 1 of 2Next