Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Can't install edgeLinux on VM

Hello. I'm trying to create an edgeLinux VM, and I'm having trouble with a particular part. After setting up and configuring them VM using the GUI, I get to a black screen asking for my username and password I give them (root, and the password I set up prior), but then I get an error saying "Failed to start edgeLinux installer, please check your network connection and reboot to try again". I can see the ethernet connection isn't setup, and can fix that using dhclient, but I can only seem to do that AFTER the installation fails, and rebooting causes the connection to not work again. I've tried this on 2 different host OS's each using different hypervisors, and have gotten the same outcome each time. What do I need to do to complete installation? Thank you.

Hi Zython:

Yes, I've seen this before when the Ethernet port is not enabled during installation.

When this happens, you can try enabling the connection with this command:

nmtui

Then Activate connection.