Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralCant delete a template
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Cant delete a template

DESNAP-1: Error while trying to delete template's snapshot. cannot destroy 'antlets/_templates/Hassio_2.12vmdk.kvm@snap': snapshot has dependent clones
use '-R' to destroy the following datasets:
antlets/Hassio

both the following directories are empty but I cant delete them as it says 'Device or resource busy'
/antsle/_templates/Hassio_2.12vmdk.kvm
/antsle/Hassio

Not sure what command I need to run with the '-R' option to fix this

I've gotten that Device or resource busy error and have had to reboot the antsle, then delete the template/antlet.

Hello Ian,

The command in question is this command:

zfs destroy -R antlets/_templates/Hassio_2.12vmdk.kvm

If that initially does not work, then delete the directory using the following command. Please keep in mind you would have to ssh in the antsle to do such commands. Also know that the reason the template cannot be deleted is because it is being used.

rm -rf /antlets/_templates/Hassio_2.12vmdk.kvm
rm -rf /antlets/Hassio

@ian-hutchison

Try this

rm -Rfv /antlets/<antlet_name>
    zfs destroy -R antlets/<antlet_name>