Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

cannot import templates into nano

every template i try to import fails even though they are one of the listed formats. i'm trying to import metaploitable2 and similar VMs. my plan is to have a portable pentesting appliance for use in teaching class.

@jholbrooktn2 - A good chance is that those templates are not made to run on ARM cpu architecture even if they're in the right format. For example, a VM from an x86 architecture Antsle server can't be copied straight over onto the Antsle Nano. I'm not an engineer but I've heard this discussed so it may be the case here.

Quote from Daniel Scott on May 2, 2020, 9:48 am

@jholbrooktn2 - A good chance is that those templates are not made to run on ARM cpu architecture even if they're in the right format. For example, a VM from an x86 architecture Antsle server can't be copied straight over onto the Antsle Nano. I'm not an engineer but I've heard this discussed so it may be the case here.

perhaps, metasploitable2 is a simple linux box that is purposefully hackable, i can't see any reason it wouldn't work on the nano.

@jholbrooktn2 - my best guess is that the actual image is made to run on standard x86 (Intel) CPU architecture as that is the most common. Maybe it's possible to convert one of the Ubuntu virtual servers into a metasploitable?

jhublar has reacted to this post.
jhublar

If anyone reads this and is trying to get an OS on the Antsle Nano (or antMan running on a Pi) and is not able to, please write in to marketing@antsle.com and request that template. We are currently working on Windows 10 IOT and can prioritize others based on how many people request it.

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

I have had issues uploading templates myself to the Nano, however today I had some success. Of course to Daniel's point it was a linux template built for ARM architecture. Specifically I was able to download OpenSuse with XFCE :

https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:Raspberry_Pi4

I downloaded it to a flash drive connected to my Nano and then used "xz -d" to uncompress the image .. then I used the "template import" tool and selected "Path" in my case mine /mnt/extern/usbdrive :

hope this helps.

Uploaded files:
  • Screen-Shot-2020-09-13-at-9.39.04-PM.jpg
  • Screen-Shot-2020-09-13-at-9.41.59-PM.jpg