Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Cannot access Windows server 2019 clone via RDP and Debian creds not working

Hi,

I have installed Antsle on my system and was not easy had to re-install it twice to finally be able to install zfs pools it was failing at this step, but finally managed to get it up and running and to communicate with AntHill and was able to download the templates, and everything seemed smooth from there, installed Windows server 2019 standard template and such a speed I was not expecting via RDP using antsle.us dns to expose my server, very impressed.

Then I cloned the machine after I made all the updates and the clone is not accessible via RDP.

The first machine is running on .101 so I append to x.antsle.us:3101

The second machine is running on .102 so I append to x.antsle.us:3102

101 is accessible, 102 is not? Am I missing something?

Then I installed the Debian template and I can access it via ssh at 103 (x.antsle.us:3103) but the credentials provided in the docs doesn't seem to work

user: root

pass: antsle

Hi treicadani:

Glad to hear that you were able to get edgeLinux/antMan working on your system.

When you do create (or clone) new antlet, the port forwarding should be setup automatically.

When you go to Port Forwarding in antMan, do you see one created for your new antlet?  (Port 3102 would map to 3389 on your new antlet)

If not created, you can create with Port 3102 going to 3389 on your new antlet.

I wasn't able to replicate the issue with Debian template.  Can you let us know which one you were using?

Thanks.

Hello,

I am using the free version of Antsle at this time, so i don't have access to the port forwarding.

My local network is on 192.168.1.x and the antlets are on 10.1.1.x

I have run some tests and this is what i came up with :

• WS2019.01 - Installed from template x.antsle.us:3101 - RDP Works
  • WS2019.02 - Cloned from WS2019.01 x.antsle.us:3102 - Cannot RDP
  • WS2019.03 - Installed from template x.antsle.us:3103 - RDP Works
  • WS2019.04 - Cloned from WS2019.03 x.antsle.us:3104 - Cannot RDP
  • WS2019.05 - Installed from template x.antsle.us:3105 - RDP Works
  • WS2019.06 - Cloned from WS2019.05 x.antsle.us:3106 - Cannot RDP

Regarding Debian is my mistake, i was connecting to the wrong machine. The creds works.

Kind regards

Hi treicadani:

Thanks for letting us know the info.

There could be bug in port forwarding when doing clones.  I'll perform some testing and keep you updated.

Thanks for letting us know about the debian template.

You probably already know but this may be useful for people reading on the forum.

Here's link to default passwords that our antlets use:

https://docs.antsle.com/templates/templates#default-passwords

treicadani has reacted to this post.
treicadani

Hi @treicadani

I have confirmed this bug for cloned antlets not creating the usual RDP and SSH port forwards.

I have created defect ticket for our development to investigate this.

Thanks.

treicadani has reacted to this post.
treicadani

Thank you, looking forward to it.

Hi Daniel

Is there any news on this issue.. I have the same issue...

thanks

Hi @kryten

I'm sorry that to hear that this issue hasn't been fixed yet.

I made a notation on the ticket and let our development team know.

In the mean time, you can use Bridged Networking (uses an IP on your local network) or create your own Port Forward to RDP.

https://docs.antsle.com/networking/bridge#configure-virtual-nic
https://docs.antsle.com/networking/port-forwarding