Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralBack up issues
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Back up issues

Page 1 of 2Next

Hello

I have issues with backup.

Cloud back up: when i try to back up to cloud a windows machine i get a failed to upload issue. and if i try to discard the failed upload, antsle says it has deleted but it remains there.

So i then tried to use a self managed back up... this says its backing up but i left it for days and it backed up 0%. this one i can delete.

So basically i cannot back up my antlets.... please help

Hi @kryten

Can you share some screenshots of the error messages you are receiving?

Thanks,
antsle Support

Hi Daniel

On cloud backup - I fixed that(windows), I found I had to stop the antlet then select backup. However I cant still discard failed cloud backup. see below, when i press discard it says its discarded but wont go away.

On self managed, there is no error just never completes and no file is ever created on my NAS drive. I might try the same process stopping the antlet to see if it backs up...

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot-2022-05-25-151306.png

Hi @kryten

Thanks for posting the screenshot.

I've reached out to our team to ask them about this issue.
I'll keep you updated.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Hi @kryten

I had spoke with our team about the errors you are receiving.

Since we have not seen any activity in antHill for your antsle, we can check couple things.

To restart antHill service and check status:
service anthilld restart
service anthilld status

We can also try upgrading to the latest antMan:
upgrade-antman

Thank you,
antsle Support

Thanks Daniel

Not sure which one worked but the failed ones have gone now...

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @kryten

Glad to hear that worked for you.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Hi Daniel - Edited

I am getting the same issue again. I have tried the same commands but still have the issue... I also tried to do a self-managed backup and it never finished. This is now compounding, I deleted the backup and now the antlet wont start. I noticed that the antlet appears in antman(xxx.local) but not when i use virsh list.

please help, i do need to recover the antlet

Hi @kryten

When listing the KVM antlets, have you tried this command?
virsh list --all

For the antlet that won't start, can you run this command and let us know the output?
virsh start antlet_name

where antlet_name is the name of your antlet

Thank you,
antsle Support

Hi Daniel

The Antlet does show when using virsh list --all as shut off

When using "virsh start antlet_name", I used my Antlet name insteat of antlet_name I get this error

error: Failed to start domain antlet_name
error: internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: Cannot set up guest memory 'pc.ram': Cannot allocate memory

Page 1 of 2Next