Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Anyone get USB Audio working?

Since there are no audio ports on the Antsle, I was wondering if anyone has gotten any USB audio devices to be seen by an Antlet and used with alsa?

I have a wireless transmitter and want to move my music server off my Raspberry PI and onto an Antlet, if possible.

ac9hp has reacted to this post.
ac9hp

I have used USB audio with a signal link for digital sound card modes with amateur radio.    I have also used ethernet to stream over through virtual audio cables.

I have done this with both the anstle one and the XD models.

No issues.

You may find if using windows and RDP you have to configure the client properly.

I use team viewer and it doesn't have the quirks RDP does.

Good luck

wayne

Thanks! I never knew about virtual audio cables. My application doesn't run under Windows. Since I'm doing this under linux, it sounds like the thinking would be for a VAC to take the input from mplayer (command line music player) and send the output to the USB audio device plugged into the Antsle that the wireless transmitter is plugged into.

I'll have to look for a linux VAC that would support this thinking.

under linux I recall having to add my user to a group to be able to see and use the USB audio device.

I believe the group was "audio"

until I did that my xwindows application could not even see the sound devices.

Johannes Dietzel has reacted to this post.
Johannes Dietzel