Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralAny NetEng in here?
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Any NetEng in here?

Hey All,

(Running on an Antsle 1 D+) I'm looking for a pretty straightforward (to me) config, and I'm getting tripped up by all the pieces that seem to have been built to make things easy... Ideally, I'd like to do straight passthrough of 1 of the hardware NICs to a firewall VM, and that firewall VM to have another vnic plugged into the vnet everything else is plugged into (including the other physical ports). From there I'd plug my hardware switch and wifi and computers, and I'd have a flat network behind the virtual firewall, with the one physical nic going to the internet (upstream router and my "dmz").

Do that make sense? I'm getting turned around because it seems like antMan is pulling IP's on any bridged NIC, and I only want the firewall facing upstream. For routing on the flat network behind the firewall, I have a DHCP server, and the firewall's vnic functions as the gateway for everyone else.

Seems simple, but I'm struggling. I've read through the networking section several times and I'm still not convinced I can do it. I was hoping to replace my existing virtual machine with my antsle, but if I cant host the firewall I lose a lot of the lab functionality I'm looking for.

I watched a video where he talked about running pfsense on an antsle, so it seems like I should be able to do what I'm looking for, but I really don't want my my DMZ space having access to the antsle console.

Thanks for any help, nothing like the wallowing feeling of fumbling around a new system (I got this primarily to get more comfortable with containers... late to the game I know, I know..)