Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Am I required to have a plan to upgrade?

Page 1 of 2Next

Saw that 3.4.3 was out, attempted to run antman-upgrade and I'm receiving a message that I am not subscribed to upgrade and to purchase a plan...that's true. I'm just running a homelab on an older Antsle One and neither need nor want to pay $29 a month for it.

Previous upgrades were assumedly part of the purchase, but is this now a new requirement?

Hi @brandonwolf

If you are running on antsle hardware, you can use the Home Lab and use edgeLinux/antMan without plan.  Upgrading to plan gives you access to more features and support.

You can use these commands to try upgrading antMan:

service anthilld restart
service anthilld status
upgrade-antman

If this still doesn't work, you can perform manual upgrade with commands below:

Try downloading antMan from your anthill.antsle.com account in the Downloads page.

Copy the file to your antsle using scp or an sftp client like Filezilla (https://docs.antsle.com/system/secure-ftp-sftp-access)

On the antsle's command line, extract the file
tar -xzf antman-X.X.X-x86_64.tar.gz

Or for Nanos
tar -xzf antman-X.X.X-aarch64.tar.gz

CD into the new directory
cd antman-x.x.x-x86_64

and run the installer
./install

brandonwolf has reacted to this post.
brandonwolf

Sorry for the delay in response, just wanted to say the manual steps you described worked great! Thanks Daniel

For anyone else reading this, you can use wget instead of sftp.

Click on "Downloads" and find the latest antman version, copy the link

in the terminal: wget <paste url to antman file here>

Continue with the tar/cd/install as per above.

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @brandonwolf

Yes, I forgot to mention you can absolutely use the wget command, and that's what I'm using on my antsle's to download packages such as latest antMan as needed.

Thanks for the great tip!

Thank you,
antsle Support

brandonwolf has reacted to this post.
brandonwolf

Hi, just wanted to say thank you for this -- it did work!

daniel.luck

Hi @brandonwolf

Thanks for the update.
Glad to see that this worked for you.

Thank you,
antsle Support

System says It can't download my license after the upgrade.    I do have two licenses, and anthill shows it connected to this antsle.  How do I download one of my licenses back into the upgraded system?

Hi @anaglyph

Are you using edgeLinux 0.12.0 or earlier?  If so, follow the steps below to upgrade your antMan.

You can check in antMan > Settings or on the command line with
antsleOS-version

If so, you will need to download the antMan bundle from your anthill.antsle.com account in the Downloads page - antMan 3.4.4 for x86_64
Copy the file to your antsle using scp or an sftp client like Filezilla (https://docs.antsle.com/system/secure-ftp-sftp-access)

Or download it directly to your antsle with 'wget'. Right click the Download link and copy the link address. Then SSH to the antsles command line and run the 'wget' command and paste the link e.g:
wget https://s3.wasabisys.com/wasabi--cloud-6a2aa848-8fea-4d97-b476-2e5ef9db7c18/antman-updates/antman-3.4.4-x86_64.tar.gz

Your link may be different than this example so be sure and copy the link from antHill.

On the antsle's command line, extract the file
tar -xzf antman-X.X.X-x86_64.tar.gz

CD into the new directory
cd antman-x.x.x-x86_64

and run the installer
./install

Thanks you,
antsle Support

The download link for the x86 tar file gives this error (see attached screenshot):

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 1: Encoding error

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot-2023-02-06-085815.png
daniel.luck

Hi @bbergman

Thanks for letting us know about the error above.

I am getting the same error when I try downloading directly from antHill Downloads page.

I'll reach out to our Developers and let them know about this error.

Thanks,
antsle Support

Page 1 of 2Next