Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

after running upgrade to 0.12, cannot access the GUI

PreviousPage 2 of 2

@ericblissmer-com It seems the upgrade did not finish successfully /etc/edgeLinux/version file was not written which happens at the very end of the upgrade.

I would like to run the upgrade-edgelinux 0.12.0 again.

As an alternative, if you have the original antsle one or an antsle one XD model (sn# starts with 100x-... or 101x-...) the following instructions show how to reset the edgeLinux OS to version 0.12.1. antlets will remain and the root password will be set to 'antsle'.

**This will remove all docker images and containers.

I found that using 2 USB sticks is the easiest method. The first will be a bootable USB stick, we recommend using SystemRescueCD:
http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/Installing-SystemRescueCd-on-a-USB-stick/
I use a utility called Rufus to create the bootable usb with the sysrescue .iso (https://rufus.akeo.ie)

The second should be at least 32G capacity and formatted with NTFS or exfat file system as one of the uncompressed images is ~16G.

Connect a monitor and keyboard or connect to the terminal via IPMI: https://docs.antsle.com/setup/#4-ipmi

Remove all other USB storage devices.
Boot the antsle from the bootable USB.
Run the command

lsblk

Your bootable USB should be the last device (sdc)
Plug in the 2nd USB and run 'lsblk' again. This USB should now be the last device (sdd). This USB will probably only have 1 partition but may have two. We will need the one using all the storage space (see the 'size' column). I'll use 'sdd1' in the example.

Lets mount the 2nd USB

mkdir /usb2
mount /dev/sdd1 /usb2

Change into the /usb2 directory

cd /usb2

Download the reset script, make it executable, and run the script:

wget https://static-files.antsle.com:8443/edgeLinux/0.12.1/el-reset
chmod +x el-reset
./el-reset

When the script finishes, power off the antsle, remove the USB sticks and reboot.

** The new root password will be 'antsle'.

Login at the prompt and run the command

el-reset-phase2

Running the upgrade-edgelinux command is not working, so i guess i will have to revert it and then try running the upgrade again.

I'm using the Antsle one Pro, does that matter? SN starts with 1002-6

The procedure online didnt mention the 2nd USB, is that a requirement?  I dont currently have a 32G USB stick, so i would have to go purchase one in order to do this.  I do have one 8GB stick available now.  Also wondering if the rescue CD step is necessary, i normally use a different program for creating bootable USB from ISO.  Just checking.  If i need to do it exactly as you mention, thats ok, i just need to get the other usb stick first if its required.  Thanks for your help.

The bootable USB can be smaller... the sysrescue can be on an 8G stick.  You can use any utility to create the bootable USB.

The reason to use the 32G USB is one of the image files extracts to 16G and a standard 16G USB stick just doesn't have the capacity.

Are you saying that the docs page instructions here https://docs.antsle.com/tshoot/#edgelinux-upgrade-rollback

will not work??  I dont have a 32G stick.

I did try using the systemrescue.iso on a 4GB usb stick by following these instructions exactly, however, it comes up to a menu.

It gives multiple options, and then it chooses first option, but i dont get any prompt to type the wget commands.  On the SystemRescue-CD screen 5.2.0 with some random text but i cannot get any command prompt.

Should i not follow the instructions for rollback on the antsle site?  I dont want to have to go buy a stick if not necessary, and it really doesnt sound any easier to use 2 USB sticks.

This is what the screen looks like, and the 2nd one is the initial menu i come to.

Uploaded files:
  • antsle1.PNG
  • ant2.PNG

Since the recommended steps on the docs.antsle page didnt seem to work, i was able to obtain a 2nd USB drive and followed your recommended steps for the rollback, everything seems to be working ok now.

Will give the upgrade-antman another shot and see how it goes.

Thanks for your assistance and suggestions.

edit::

Well, i guess i dont need to upgrade, i give up.  Upgrade fails, it wont let me paste here, so adding screenshots.

edit2:::   looks like Antsle finally got things sorted out, i was able to complete the upgrade tonight successfully without bad gateway or missing .jar file.  Wow the UI is really different.  I like it.  Glad to finally have this all sorted out. yippie!

edgeLinux version
(formerly antsleOS)
antMan 2.2.0d

Uploaded files:
  • ant-upgrade2.PNG

i figure out an easy way to go around it

restart the antsle

upgrade-antman

wait 3 mins and give it a shot

PreviousPage 2 of 2