antHill 1.1 + antMan 0.9.1
Official Release: antsle releases antHill 1.1 + antman 0.9.1
San Diego - February 27, 2018
Subdomains for your antsle
- With this version of antMan & antHill, you'll be able to easily configure an .antsle.us subdomain for antMan.
- This will allow you to access antMan through <subdomain>.antsle.us within your local network.
Easy HTTPS for antMan
- The subdomain feature goes hand in had with new HTTPS for antMan. We take care of transferring the SSL certificates to your antsle device, and install/configure them for you.
- Now you can have encrypted communication from your local network to antMan!
- Please note that you'll be communicating directly to your antsle, without going through our servers.
- Plus this enables a super cool new feature that you'll love!
Other small improvements
Added a "Forgot your password" feature for your antHill account.
- Also addressed various small issues.
- Yes, seriously! You no longer need to ssh to your antsle/antlets through a terminal or PuTTY. You can now use antMan's very own built in console 🙂
- This feature is recommended to be used with the https enabled antMan (highlighted above).
- And yeah, it looks pretty cool too!
Various UX improvements and bug fixes
- You can now access your web servers running on antlets via <myantslename><IP>.local, instead of the confusing <myantslename>-<IP>.local
- Better support for the antsle XDs
- Other small bug fixes.
- antsleOS 0.5.0
- Login to your antsle via ssh: ssh [email protected], run the upgrade script: upgrade-antman.
- Once the process is complete, you can go to anthill.antsle.com and set a subdomain on your antsle in your dashboard. If you haven't activated your antsle in antHill yet, have a look at this!
- Then make a new tab in your browser and point it to http://<myantslename>.local or https://<subdomain>.antsle.us if you set the subdomain. Enjoy using HTTPS antMan!
Please note: When your antsle is on, it will periodically send a 'heartbeat' signal to our servers so that you can see it in antHill. (You can turn this and antHill off in antMan once the antsle is activated, if you so choose.)