New Update: antMan 2.0
Official Release: Antsle releases antMan 2.0
San Diego - September 17, 2019
1. New User Interface
- We’ve done a complete UI overhaul. Keeping in line with our vision of an easy manager, this new UI has the flexibility to bring in new capabilities while maintaining the simplicity and minimalist approach.
- Check out a quick tour of the new antMan below.
- Schedule daily backups of your antlets to the Antsle Cloud. Get free storage for backups depending on your Plan. No matter what happens to your physical server, your data is backed up and secure off site.
- Antsle handles key management and key protection for you with 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256). All data is encrypted in flight and at rest.
- Want to back up your antlets to a local storage device or another server? Currently in beta, you can manage your local backups in the same place as your cloud backups.
How to start: Click on your Antlet and navigate to the backups tab
- Manage multiple servers from the same dashboard and set up load balancing between antlets across physical servers. Clustering is available in the Grow or Scale Plan. If you do not currently have a Business Plan but would like to learn more or try it out just get in touch via [email protected] or on chat.
6. Terraform Compatible REST API
- We’ve completely “terraformed” our API, which means you can now use infrastructure as code with tools like Ansible, Terraform. Orchestrate everything in your cloud via API. See the documentation on our restAPI here.
7. Advanced Networking
- Still in progress but available as an MVP for some customers in collaboration with support. You can now set up multiple VLANs in your Antsle. More robust functionalities like port mirroring are scheduled for the near future.
8. Improvements & Bug Fixes
- View main drive size from "General" panel
- Small improvement for Win10/Win10-Spice vCPUs.
- Preparing for next OS release
- antsleOS 0.5.0 or edgeLinux 0.5.0
1. Login to your antsle server via ssh: ssh <my-username>@<my-hostname>.local, run the upgrade script: upgrade-antman. Or open the console from your antMan dashboard and run the same upgrade script.
2. Then make a new tab in your browser and point it to http://<my-hostname>.local or https://<subdomain>.antsle.us if you set the subdomain. Enjoy the new antMan!