Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Windows11 Template: Could not define libvirt domain

Page 1 of 2Next

I'm trying to use the Antsle provided "Win11StdGui - KVM" template and when trying to create and antlet get the error "1 Could not define libvirt domain for antlet xxxxxx

edgeLinux version: 0.12.1

Antman: 3.3.1

Any thoughts?

I get that error if I try to create an antlet with the same name as either an existing antlet or an existing zfs filesystem (like antlets/oldname)

Hi @lancem:

Thanks for sharing!

Yes, I've seen that error before when create an antlet with same name and even the same IP Address.

The template has been tested with edgeLinux 2.0 (CentOS-based) and older edgeLinux 0.12.0 and lower (Gentoo-based).

Any other ideas?

I tried to create the antlet with a unique name never used before with an IP that has never been allocated to any other antlet as well.

Hi @akak01000101

You can also try upgrading to the latest antMan (3.4.2) by using this command in the SSH or Console of your antsle:
upgrade-antman

Hi @akak01000101

There was an issue with the definition of this template for Gentoo-based edgeLinux (0.12 and lower).  The issue has been now fixed.

You can remove the template and re-download the template.  It should work now.

Hi Daniel,
I deleted the template through antman, but now I don't see any Windows 11 Templates listed to download. Is there anything that needs to be cleared or manually cleaned up?

Hi @akak01000101

Sorry, I forgot to mention.  There's a bug in antMan where the templates you have deleted may not show up.

You can connect to your antsle with SSH or Console, and use this command to restart antMan:
service antman restart

After some time, try to reload antMan in your browser.  The template you just deleted should now show up.

I downloaded the template (Win11StdGui - KVM) and received the same error.

I attempted to upgrade to 3.4.2 and I received a license error that I need purchased support to upgrade antman. I upgraded multiple times in the past. Do antman upgrades require a subscription now or is something possibly broken broken?  Antsle engineers have been in my box multiple times to resolve several issues.

* Failed to install antman license: [ !! ]
* You are not subscribed to upgrade. Please go to https://antsle.com/pricing to purchase a plan. [ !! ]
Error while upgrading antman
* WARNING: antman has already been started

Hi @akak01000101:

If you're on antsle hardware, then you'll be on Home Lab license even without a subscription.
If you're on non-antsle hardware, you'll need a subscription to use antMan.

In both cases, you should have access to upgrade to the latest antMan.

Can you let us know your serial number so we can better assist you?  If you'd like, you can also send an e-mail to support@antsle.com as well.

Page 1 of 2Next