Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: edgeLinux/antManUpgrading nginx
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Upgrading nginx

Does anyone have experience with how to upgrade nginx? The version installed doesn’t support websockets but the newer versions do. I read about emerge a bit but not sure the exact command to use and worried about attempting to upgrade and getting it in a bad state. Thanks

I've done it within Docker containers and it's a simple as spinning up a new container. But I'm using Proxmox on my Antsle, not AntsleOS. I know Antsle has Nginx tightly woven into the core OS, so the process is likely different and somewhat risky of breaking the existing config.

If you are going to use edgeLinux (anstlsOS), you may want to wait until January when they are supposedly going to change it to be based on CentOS instead of Gentoo (with the ability to migrate antsles to the new O/S).