Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Please Help - Can't Start Antlets - Can't Restore to Factory Settings - failed to setup loop device: No such file or directory

I managed to get my antstle into a  state where it wouldn't boot up beause I had upgraded emerge, so I made the call to restore the box to factory settings.

Unfortunately, I ran into a number of problems running the factory settings script.

Right now, the script is failing on this line:

mount -o loop,rw,offset=130M -t ext4 $antsleOS_img_path $antsleOS_mount || eend$

The error is:

failed to setup loop device: No such file or directory

Can someone please, please help? All my sites are down because of this.

OK - well I found this one. The file did not exist. I had tried to comment out a section to stop the scripts downloading the images every time, but I guess I missed something and the directory was empty.

It's a pain that the factory reset script downloads the large image every time. If there is a problem further down, it takes over an hour to run again.

Right now it's doing that.

OK - so I managed to complete the install
However, when the system restarted and I logged in as root, the filesystem is mounted readonly and there appears to be no internet connection.

Any ideas, anyone?

I'd suggest contacting support so they can do their "AntAid" thing and access your Antsle directly.