Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nano - VM's set to autostart dont seem to restart after power fail

I was cycling circuit breakers the other day, and might have cut power to where my Nanos live.

A few days later, I noticed I was getting "gateway error" when trying to access a website hosted in a VM on one of my Nanos. I use the Edge nginx to proxy to the VM.

I just checked the dashboard, the VM was not powered up.  I manually start, and now the proxy to the website is working ok.

Hi TheGarnet:

Thanks for letting us know.

Can you let us know what type of VM (antlet) you were using?

I can do some testing on my nano to see if I can replicate this issue.

Thanks.

antlet Name
SendyLAMP
Created Fri Aug 7 22:13:08 PDT 2020
Used On Disk

1.65 GB
Effective Size

2.04 GB
From Template centos7 - LXC

Accidentally unplugged the wall wart for one of my nanos.  I plugged it back in, and this Antlet, with Autostart sent to on, did not restart.

Here is a work around for the antlets not autostarting on the Nano.

Create a script which will start the antlets. The command to start a specific antlet is

virsh start ANTLET_NAME
or
virsh -c lxc:/// ANTLET_NAME

Use the '-c lxc:///' option for lxc antlets
So if I had a KVM antlet named 'gitlab' and two LXC antlets named 'webserver-1' and 'webserver-2' and wanted these three to autostart on a reboot...

Open a new file for editing.  If you are not familiar with using the vim editor, install the 'nano' editor first with `yum install nano`

nano /root/autostart-antlets

You can name the file what ever you like.
Then add the following contents

#!/bin/bash
sleep 30
virsh start gitlab
virsh -c lxc:/// start webserver-1
virsh -c lxc:/// start webserver-2

Make the file executable

chmod +x /root/autostart-antlets

Edit the crontab to run the script at reboot

EDITOR=nano crontab -e

Add the following line to the file

@reboot /root/autostart-antlets

Thats it.
Edit the 'autostart-antlets' file as needed to add or remove antlets for autostart

spollock has reacted to this post.
spollock