Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralNano is AMAZING!
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nano is AMAZING!

I acquired a Nano as a low-cost way to experiment with Antman and Antsle technology. Honestly, I did not expect much from the tiny little box. I'm just over a week in and at the moment I have 9 antlets running.

• Jenkins
  • Ansible master node
  • MySQL database
  • Docker master node (swarm)
  • five docker nodes making up the swarm
  • Kali linux
  • a honeypot

I have it fully integrated with Datadog monitoring where I'm monitoring all the nodes, and containers (about 10 )

Yes, this little box is running flat out and is a nice toasty warm but not hot.

It's not running production workload; however, it is absolutely allowing me to do functional testing of a solid range of technologies.

AWESOME!

mardo.delcid, Mario and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
mardo.delcidMariolancemDaniel ScottklfrazierDeleted user

Hi @rmcilmoyle

I'm so glad that you like the Nano and thank you so much for the shoutout.

Let me know if you have any more questions, comments or feature requests.

Thanks,

Bernie Blume

CEO antsle

I am using tailscale (effectively a wireguard) implementation in order to jump directly into antlets from anywhere without having to trouble with VPN configurations and jump hosts. I'm finding that it works perfectly with any KVM antlet but will not load with an LXC based antlet as it generates the following error:

CreateTUN: can't create TUN device; /dev/net/tun does not exist

Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such file or directory

my searches seem to imply that the root cause is associated with the template and the addition of:

lxc.mount.entry = /dev/net/tun dev/net/tun none bind,create=file

I don't know what anyone thoughts are on tailscale; however, it does work rather awesome and with it in place I don't have to create secondary interfaces on edge antlets...

I got a similar error setting up OpenVPN on an LXC.

I used virsh -c lxc:/// edit {antletname}

and added this section below the </console> line:

<hostdev mode='capabilities' type='misc'>
<source>
<char>/dev/net/tun</char>
</source>
</hostdev>