Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How to set "bootable" virtual drive?

I created a Windows template using a previous Windows backup vhdx file.

When I started the antlet, it couldn't boot from it (probably due to another partition being the "boot" partition).

So, I made an ISO image of a Windows Recovery disk and added it as a virtual drive to the antlet (and checked the CD-ROM box).

But, it seemed to still be trying to boot from the hard drive image and not the CD ROM image.

Is there some way to get into the Bios of a Windows antlet to tell it the boot order?

Evening all,

I was wondering if any one has the answer to this question, I am trying to do the same thing. How do you get into an Antlet's Bios to change boot order!

Thanks

Randy Spencer

Hey, I think the order of boot dev in the <os> section of the xml definition is the order:

virsh edit {antlet-name}

<os>
<type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-i440fx-2.4'>hvm</type>
<boot dev='hd'/>
<boot dev='cdrom'/>
</os>

I found that the boot order information may appear in the <Devices> section.  I think the Antlet needs to be shutdown prior to doing the edit  command ( virsh edit {antlet-name} )

<devices>
<emulator>/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64</emulator>
<disk type='file' device='disk'>
<driver name='qemu' type='qcow2'/>
<source file='/antlets/xxxxxxxx/CentOS-7.qcow2'/>
<target dev='vda' bus='virtio'/>
<boot order='2'/>
<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
</disk>
<disk type='file' device='disk'>
<driver name='qemu' type='qcow2'/>
<source file='/antlets/xxxxxxx/antsle:volumes/Recover.qcow2'/>
<target dev='sda' bus='sata'/>
<address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
</disk>
<disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
<driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
<source file='/antlets/xxxxxxx/antsle:volumes/CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-2003.iso'/>
<target dev='hda' bus='ide'/>
<readonly/>
<boot order='1'/>
<address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
</disk>

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem