Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

how can I find out why my Antsle One keeps locking up?

Every few days it happens.  The whole thing is running flawlessly, sitting on my desk, running 3 Linux VMs that are doing lightweight work or just idling.  And then, BAM.  I try to check on them and the entire system is just unresponsive.  I can't reach any of the VMs thru SSH or any other services they're running.  I can't get into the Antsle web interface; sometimes it takes my login creds then just spins doing nothing, and sometimes it never connects.  I've gotten into it by hooking up a monitor and keyboard and logging in locally, but I don't know what to do then.  A rudimentary check of the logs doesn't show anything.  AFAIK, the entire system decided to just crap itself and stop doing anything with no explanation.  The only way to fix it is to fully reboot the entire thing and restart all my antlets.  And then wait for it to happen again.

How can I diagnose what the holy F is going on?

If antman works, does the Dashboard show excessive CPU or memory usage?

Or, if you ssh to the antsle, the "top" command?

@coogan  When you get logged in locally, try typing:  service antman restart

See if you can get to antman then

What version Edgelinux and antMan are you running? Which Antsle device is it running on?

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem

I got in touch with Antsle support and they diagnosed it as a faulty m2 drive.  They're sending me an RMA for a replacement.  That jives with what I see after I reboot it: the m2 drive doesn't show up in the drive list on the antman dashboard.

lancem and spollock have reacted to this post.
lancemspollock