Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Backups Beta Bug....

Page 1 of 2Next

"

Thank you for contacting antsle support! We have received your request and it has been assigned case ID  273.

Please note: If you don’t have an active antsle Business Plan, please submit your request to the Community Forum"

OK, here it is...

Backups Beta - Bug with paused VM

did  the upgrade, upgraded fine.
tried running a small backup ( 3GB) - failed with red alert balloon in top right corner ( no text) - the balloon went away before I could screenshot.
Backup window eventually closed itself.
Powered down the antlet, tried again - same result, it seems... red balloon popped up and went away.
seems to be hanging  ( no progress indication ... no obvious error messages )
OK, a minute later the backup aborted by itself:
Can give antAid access if needed
Attachments

I got the blank msg box also.  But the was no errors that I know. Looked like it was completion notice when I saw it.

Uploaded files:
  • 634A7E75-F634-4B48-9211-EB0639FC398B.jpeg
rockandroller has reacted to this post.
rockandroller

Interesting! maybe their cloud server was just down when I tried?  Gonna try again...

BTW, was your antlet running, or stopped - when you ran the backup?  I haven't seen any instructions on this - and I am assuming it can do a hot backup - since it doesn't complain when I try to backup a live antlet...

Hmmm.. this time it hung for several minutes, then gave the "red alert" balloon popup". When I clicked on that I was left with this:

Uploaded files:
  • antman-backup4.png

And subsequently, I clicked around on the various tabs, and when I came back to the backups tab was greeted with THIS:

Uploaded files:
  • antman-backup3.png

My antlets were running... all three.   Did single request on each. After they finished I setup daily on two of them .... since the vpn server does not change much, I left it as a manual backup.

My understanding is that the running antlet is paused for less than a minute and an image/snapshot is captured and the antlet is continue running...  the backup is technically still running compressing and uploading the image to the cloud..  the ui shows when the entire process is complete

rockandroller

Well.. something is happening now. This time it has entered the upload phase!

Seems painfully slow, though: 45 minutes in and my 4.3 Gig upload is barely 20% complete!

Upload speed here is typically 10Mb/s - so I don't think it's a bottleneck on our end...

Uploaded files:
  • antman-backup5.png

I had 3 running/uploading at the same time.   I believe that the upload is throttled down so that the server can run with as little interference from the upload as possible.  Protecting the uptime and overall performance.

rockandroller

I suppose that throttled would make good sense! Would be nice to see some DOCS on this stuff ( still waiting for the promised youtube link to replay the webinar ...)

Page 1 of 2Next