Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Wifi connected but not active

Hello, I am having problems with connecting the wifi. I have gotten it active, but it is not connected.

I followed the guide on this page: https://docs.antsle.com/networking/wifi-on-the-antsle-nano, and everything seemed to work there.

But when I type ifconfig, the wlan0 block, while it does exist (showing that it is active), has no inet, netmask, or broadcast (meaning it must not be enabled)

I also tried commands from the following page: https://askubuntu.com/questions/398581/is-there-a-terminal-command-to-verify-if-wifi-is-enabled

And this command:

nmcli general status

shows:

STATE                              CONNECTIVITY     WIFI-HW      WIFI         WWAN-HW      WWAN
connected (local only)      limited                        enabled          enabled     enabled              enabled

The command:

nmcli radio  wifi 

shows:

enabled

but, the command:

nmcli connection show --active

shows:

virbr0 bd201f3d-d784-4d90-9bff-ec3ed9b2d6e9 bridge virbr0 
virbr1 571acab0-ba2b-4d20-9084-3834072266b1 bridge virbr1 

that is, it only includes virbr0 and virbr1 in the list, and excludes wlan0.

I also find that has soon as I unplug an ethernet cable, I loose connection to my antsle nano, but if the wifi is working, since it connected to my router, and my pc that I am using to connect to the antsle nano is also connected to the same router, shouldn't I still be able to access it? So I really think that eventhough my wifi on my antsle nano seems to be enabled, that it is not active.