Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: Generalupgrading
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

upgrading

I am trying to upgrade to Antsle 0.5.0 and I am now at an error of "Failed to connect to socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock': No such file or directory" What do I need to do?

Hi @frevilleb,

Just talked to some of our engineers, and in order to help you we need a bit more context.

Do you have a bit more output from the upgrade?

Are you experiencing continuous loops prompting to shut down all antlets?

At which step are you in the upgrade process (https://antsle.com/company/release-announcements/antsleos-0-5-0/)?

It gets stuck Uncompressing AntsleOS image. It fails 6 times on hypervisor and 6 times on the socket : No such file or directory

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_0686.jpeg

Ok it seems like you are in the "have you stopped your antlets loop"

Please open a second ssh session to the antsle and restart the libvirtd service with the command

service libvirtd restart

Then respond 'yes' in the first SSH session and see if it completes.
Then close the second ssh session if it gets past the loop.

@will,

How do I open a second ssh session?

So you can probably ctrl+c out of that process (if not just reboot) and then check you antsle ip with an `ifconfig`.

When from your Terminal on Mac or PuTTY on windows ssh into the antsle with `ssh root@<your-antsle-ip>` followed by your password.

Start the upgrade process again in that terminal, until you hit this issue.

Then start a second ssh session by opening up another Terminal or PuTTY shell and `ssh root@<your-antsle-ip>` again.

Then from the second window run `service libvirtd restart`, then after a few min service libvirtd restart.

@will

I have sucessfully installed the antsleOS and now the Antman is giving me problems. I have sent an email to the email regarding a serial number, so I am now waiting for that.

Hi @frevilleb,

Please post that new antMan issue in a separate forum post