Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Upgrade to 0.13.0 Bombed Out

Tried to perform the upgrade last night and it appears to have died during the Emerge, need advice:

* Messages for package sys-devel/binutils-2.31.1-r4:

* The ebuild phase 'unpack' has exited unexpectedly. This type of behavior
* is known to be triggered by things such as failed variable assignments
* (bug #190128) or bad substitution errors (bug #200313). Normally, before
* exiting, bash should have displayed an error message above. If bash did
* not produce an error message above, it's possible that the ebuild has
* called `exit` when it should have called `die` instead. This behavior
* may also be triggered by a corrupt bash binary or a hardware problem
* such as memory or cpu malfunction. If the problem is not reproducible or
* it appears to occur randomly, then it is likely to be triggered by a
* hardware problem. If you suspect a hardware problem then you should try
* some basic hardware diagnostics such as memtest. Please do not report
* this as a bug unless it is consistently reproducible and you are sure
* that your bash binary and hardware are functioning properly.

* Regenerating GNU info directory index...
* Processed 99 info files.

!!! existing preserved libs:
>>> package: media-libs/alsa-lib-1.1.2
* - /usr/lib64/libasound.so.2
* - /usr/lib64/libasound.so.2.0.0
* used by /usr/bin/cdda2wav (app-cdr/cdrtools-3.02_alpha09)
Use emerge @preserved-rebuild to rebuild packages using these libraries

* IMPORTANT: 20 config files in '/etc' need updating.
* See the CONFIGURATION FILES and CONFIGURATION FILES UPDATE TOOLS
* sections of the emerge man page to learn how to update config files.

* IMPORTANT: 8 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
* Use eselect news read to view new items.

* After world updates, it is important to remove obsolete packages with
* emerge --depclean. Refer to `man emerge` for more information.
* Failed to emerge @world, aborting. [ !! ]
Error while upgrading edgeLinux
root@myantsle:/antlets/_edgeLinux-workspace #

Found the problem...the disk partition hosting "/" is full

UGH...I hate trying to clean up linux directory structures...

Well that's not fun.  It seems that the default size of the / partition at 16G as set on my purchased antsle box is not big enough to survive over time.

I'm done everything I can to scrub the partition. but only gotten back about 775M...this isn't sustainable.

Suggestions as to how to expand it...?  I'm decent in Linux, but not a wizard.  I am willing to crack the box open and add disk, but not sure how to safely relocate the root partition.  Or is there a way to just rebuild the box preserving and then reattaching my VMs?

We really need some user guides on doing this kind of work safely in the antsle.  I have some experience, I know I could relocate some subdirectories. like /usr/src and various other things, but not sure of the long term effect that will have on the antsle or how much space that is really going to buy back.

I've used "eclean", scrubbed the logs directory...and a few other things, but seems I'm still stuck.

I'm having the same problem here and after I rebooted I can get into CLI, but I can get into the web interface I get an error that something went wrong either out of disk space or memory, now I'm pretty much stuck and no antlets are running, so everything in my virtual environment is down, including primary DHCP, primary DNS, etc.

Mine is worse now...turns out that the failed update screwed up the kernel.  I had a power failure and now the thing will not even boot.  complains about the initramfs being missing.  So now I'm totally screwed....

At thins point I'd like to just get two the virtual machines off the zpools.  Then figure out/find out how to rebuild the damn thing.

There really should be a documented process for both of these things.

I found this:

https://antsle.com/forum/topic/upgrade-killed-antsle-how-can-i-reset-this/

However the problem seems to remain the root partition is too damn small to I can't even fix the problems because of the lack of free space!  I need a plan here.

I might be partly in business here, but it still will not book complaining about the missing intitramfs....anyone know if there as a way to fix this from the rescue boot?

No nothing?  My system is still down...

🙁