Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Unable to upgrade to version 3.4.2 from 3.4.1

Hi,

I am unable to upgrade to version 3.4.2 from 3.4.1.

{ [data not shown]* Connection #0 to host anthill.antsle.com left intact * You are not subscribed to upgrade. Please go to https://antsle.com/pricing to purchase a plan. [ !! ] Error while upgrading antmanRedirecting to /bin/systemctl start antman.serviceroot@kain:~ #

from my anthill

1011-4-0000-1591-5 kain a few seconds ago Essential

This is the second time that I am unable to perform an upgrade

Naik

Hi Naik:

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with upgrading.

Here are some instructions to troubleshoot the license issue.

Is the anthilld service running on your antsle?

You can check with
service anthilld status

And restart the service with
service anthilld restart

It might take a couple of minutes for anthilld to retrieve the license file.
It doesn't hurt to restart the antman service as well
service antman restart

As an alternative, you can also download the license file from your anthill.antsle.com account. In the 'My Servers' page click the 'Actions' pulldown for the serial-number with the issue and choose 'Download license'.

Copy this file to the antsle via scp or sftp (filezilla). Place it in /etc/edgeLinux/
Then rename the file to 'antman_license'
To rename the file from the command line of the antsle
cd /etc/edgeLinux
mv license-xxxx-x-xxxx-xxxx-x.txt antman_license

Restart the anthilld and antman services
service anthilld restart
service antman restart

Or reboot with the command 'reboot'

Your antsle was seen just a few minutes ago.  I'm going to create Ticket for you so we can work directly on the issue.

Thanks.

@daniel-luck I'm having the same problem. Just tried to do the upgrade via UI and it says consult the logs. When I do it via command line, I get the same error as Naik above. What's up?

I submitted a support ticket. Anthilld is running.

Hi bbergman:

We have discovered a bug recently that affects older versions of edgeLinux (0.12.0 and lower) upgrading to the latest antMan.

Our developers are looking at the issue and we will keep you updated.

For follow-up, the workaround that was suggested of a manual approach of downloading 3.4.2 from anthill, then unpacking and running it in the shell, worked great. I was able to get updated with no problem.

Thanks,

Bruce

lancem and daniel.luck have reacted to this post.
lancemdaniel.luck

Hi @bbergman

Glad to hear that the workaround worked.

Our developers are still working on fix for this.

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem