Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Template upload feature

Hi,

Similarly to Antsle upload to the cloud feature, it would be nice if you implement a template upload to the cloud. Also, the current import feature via path is not working on my side. I think something wrong with the javascript code that won't let it loaded on my browser - it need to be fixed.

I have question related to the Antsle upload feature. After enable the backup and upload feature on one of my vm (not the daily schedule feature), I notice that the Antsle server upload the same amount of MB as the original backup to anthill.antsle.com every one hour! I am wondering why Antsle is doing that?

The current RAM gauge on the dashboard is reading wrong data (it saying that I am using %90 of the 16 GB while I am only running 1GB ram vm - I can confirm that on console using htop)

Other features:

• Export/download a VM or template to external hard.
  • Docker management feature from the web interface would be a nice one too.
  • Traffic monitor feature
  • Firewall rules, access control, and port forwarding features
  • More templates (preinstalled applications/services/firewall/routers).

That's all. Thanks

Hi Yasir,

Some good suggestions here. We'll look at how those can fit in to the product roadmap and also check on the RAM dashboard issue you mentioned.

It seems you skipped my question here. 🙂

Quote from Yasir Mohammed on September 10, 2019, 11:41 am

Hi,

I have question related to the Antsle upload feature. After enable the backup and upload feature on one of my vm (not the daily schedule feature), I notice that the Antsle server upload the same amount of MB as the original backup to anthill.antsle.com every one hour! I am wondering why Antsle is doing that?

Hello Yasir

I believe you are one of the backups beta user. Our lead developer tells me that the uploading was due to the early scheduled backups running every hour instead of every day. That characteristic has been updated to once a day. Please upgrade your antman and edgelinux to the newest version. Let us know any other question or concern you have. Thank you for your support of Antsle.

Ymo,

Thanks for your reply. I'm confused now! why it is keep uploading daily backup? my choice was to upload it once and wasn't scheduled backup feature! As far as I see in the web interface that I am using the most updated version of both Antman and edgelinux.

Regards,

Hello Yasir,

I got a reply from the lead developer regarding your issue.

Can you please provide me your Serial Number and how many backups you took manually?

It is quite likely your server has a problem. I will create a ticket on your regard as soon as I get your information.

Thanks @ymo for trying to help. The issue seems to stopped and if happens again, I will let you know.

I was thinking of the backup feature in the cloud. So imagine that you had reset factory your Antsle server - How to retrieve the cloud version of VM! Currently, we can only restore the backup if the original VM is there, but what if I delete it and would like to re-download it from the cloud?

Thanks again

Dear @yasirmohammed

I have submitted a feature request regarding your query. Our development team will look into it as soon as possible. Thank you for your support and suggestions.