Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

System Service Start Error: Samba

antsleOS 0.5.0 / antMan 0.9.3a

I'm trying to reach my antlets via samba. So in antMan I tried to turn on Samba under the Settings > System Services. When I click on Start, I get the following error (or see attached):

SA-1: Error * start-stop-daemon: Failed to start '/usr/sbin/smbd' * start-stop daemon: failed to start '/usr/sbin/nmdb' * Error: starting services (see system logs) * start-stop daemon: no matching process found * ERROR: samba failed to start

/var/log/samba is empty, and /var/log/daemon.log and syslog show the same output below.

Jun 22 14:54:07 myantsle /etc/init.d/samba[10497]: start-stop-daemon: failed to start `/usr/sbin/smbd'
Jun 22 14:54:08 myantsle /etc/init.d/samba[10510]: start-stop-daemon: failed to start `/usr/sbin/nmbd'
Jun 22 14:54:08 myantsle /etc/init.d/samba[10530]: Error: starting services (see system logs)
Jun 22 14:54:08 myantsle /etc/init.d/samba[10532]: start-stop-daemon: no matching processes found
Jun 22 14:54:08 myantsle /etc/init.d/samba[10541]: start-stop-daemon: no matching processes found
Jun 22 14:54:08 myantsle /etc/init.d/samba[10481]: ERROR: samba failed to start

Any thoughts one where to go from here?

-akak

Uploaded files:
  • samba-error.png

I'm hoping there is a fix coming soon for this, until then....

My current work-around (a bit janky and a little less secure) but gets the job done so we can be functional: Raspberry PI on our local network is acting as a proxy file server running Samba and mounting the Antlet via SSHFS over sftp.

I'd still like to free up my PI to be used for something else.

Uploaded files:
  • Untitled-1.png