Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Set Up the Nano - with more detail than the set-up doc on the site

I read the setup guide - mine seems to be missing some things:)  I am a Noob with this stuff.  I have my Nano.  I was looking for more specific instructions to set it up.  The Antsle setup doc doesn't include connecting to your laptop, or monitor, or keyboard.  Let's pretend I don't know anything. Which isn't hard to do 🙂  Can I connect to my laptop?  Do I need to connect to a screen, if so, how?  Do I need to connect to a keyboard, if so, how?

My assumptions are I could go two routes: 1) get a screen, keyboard, etc., that one would use, say, for a Raspberry Pi and use those - is that correct? (with usb connections) and a lan connection

or 2) Can I just run the lan cable to my laptop pc?

Many thanks in advance,

The Antsle is a Headless server.  All you really need plugged in is the ethernet cable, and power.  The initial start of antMan (antlet Manager) will take about 20 minutes (in my experience). After that you can reach the console via web browser at myantsle.local or the IP address:3000 (ie 192.168.xxx.xxx:3000)

The Docs page is pretty much spot on for first run procedures.

Yes you can connect a monitor via the hdmi port(s) and a keyboard, mouse, but you do not need to. You do NOT connect it to your laptop

lancem has reacted to this post.
lancem