Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Server Not Connecting to Network

My System Spec: Dell R610 Gen II
Processors: Intel Xeon X5650 - 2.66GHz 6 Core
Memory Configuration: 16GB 4x4GB PC3-10600R DDR3 Registered
Raid Card: PERC 6i RAID Controller with BBU for R610
My Current Situation:
I installed edgeLinux-0.13.1 via DVD everything goes fine with the installation no errors.
At first reboot my weekend takes a horrible turn. Once the server got to the login prompt I type the {http://servername.local/} on my local browser and nothing happened. I researched it and it appears there is a problem with connecting to my local network
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
Bringing up interface eno1
Caching network module dependencies
Bringing up interface br0
Creating a bridge br0 ...
Adding ports to br0
eno1 ...
RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory
dhcp ...
running dhcpcd ...
br0: waiting for carrier
timed out
dhcpcd exited
The above behavior cycles it's way through all the NIC's even though they are not connected.
As I am still in the design in development phase I am able to build and destroy so I have tried from editing conf.d files to changing the network configurations to chmod-ing files, to the grand finale complete re-install.
I am so STUCK, I have to say I am a windows Engineer and not very well vested in Linux so be kind.
Any help would be appreciated
Cornelius

Hi Bennett:

We are currently using edgeLinux 2.0.

Here are some instructions for clean install edgeLinux 2.0:

https://docs.antsle.com/get-started/getting-started-with-edgelinux-software-only-version