Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

S.M.A.R.T. Status Bad, Backup and Replace

It looks like my NVMe drive is about to die. I've been postponing for a good while the upgrade from gentoo to 2.0 for fear of losing/failing to restore my antlets.

I have 2 x 1 TB SSD and 1 x 512 GB m.2 (about to fail)

Now it looks like I will need to replace my NVMe. My understanding is that this drive is used for cache only; if that's the case, would it be safe to assume it is a clean swap as the data, antlets, etc are on my SSD's? or would I need to reinstall anything once swapped?

thanks!

Hi @danielbarros

Yes, that is correct.  Our antsle's are only using the NVMe drives as cache for the zpool to increase performance.

Yes, we recommend backing up all your antlets before proceeding with upgrade to edgeLinux 2.0.

I'll reach out to our Support team about performing fresh install / factory reset for edgeLinux 2.0.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Hi @danielbarros

Here is some instructions on changing out your NMVe drive below:

Remove the cache from the zpool with this command:
zpool remove antlets /dev/nvme0n1

After replacing the NVMe drive, then use this command:
zpool add antlets cache /dev/nvme0n1

You can verify the device name with these commands:
lsblk
lsblk -f

For performing fresh install/factory reset of your antsle with edgeLinux 2.0, we HIGHLY recommend that you backup your antlets before proceeding.  By default, the edgeLinux would wipe out any existing antlets.

Once you have a good backup of your antlets, you can use these instructions to perform fresh installation/factory reset of edgeLinux 2.0:

https://docs.antsle.com/get-started/getting-started-with-edgelinux-software-only-version

Thanks,
antsle Support

Daniel Barros has reacted to this post.
Daniel Barros

Hi @daniel-luck, finally got my new pcie drive.

connected to my antsle but instead of mounting as nvmeXXX it mounted as dev/sda. I had already formatted and installed edgelinux so this was a "plug & play" after the fact. Since I had not yet restored my antlets I am trying a fresh, now with the drive on, hoping it will map properly.

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi @danielbarros

Thanks for the update!
You can refer to instructions above.
Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
antsle Support