Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Restoring a self-managed backup

I created an antlet using the Ubuntu 20.04 KVM template.  Did a bunch of work on it then created a self-managed backup.  All went fine.  Then I messed it  up and decided to restore the valid backup to a new antlet.  That worked, but when I looked at the General Tab of the restored antlet the line "From template" showed the string "- - LXC" rather than the template that was used to create the original antlet (Ubuntu 20.04 KVM).

Also appears that the KVM attributes were not re-created, but I can't say that for sure.

What does this all mean??

Hi Peter:

I was performing some testing performing Backup and Restore using Self-Managed Storage.
From looking at our instructions, I did see that you have to specify the type during the restore "KVM" or "LXC":
https://docs.antsle.com/antlets/backing-up-antlets/optional-self-managed-restoration-beta

See attached screenshots for examples.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Uploaded files:
  • create_test-restore_antlet.jpg
  • import_local_backups.jpg
  • retrieve_backup.jpg
  • restore_restore_choose_kvm.jpg

Hi Peter:

I am seeing the same behavior of "From template".  See attached screenshot below.
However, my Ubuntu KVM test antlet restored and started up successfully.

I will share this behavior with our developers.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Uploaded files:
  • from_template_lxc.jpg
  • test_restore_successful.jpg

Thanks.  I didn't use the restore from self managed, just a plain restore.  I'll try this again.  I'm sure it will work.

Peter

daniel.luck has reacted to this post.
daniel.luck

Hi Peter:

Thanks for the update and information.

From looking at the details, it appears we are seeing the same behavior with Cloud Backup and Self-Managed Storage.  I will share this updated information with our developers.

Thank you,
antsle Support