Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Reformat Antsle One to EdgeLinux 2.0

My antsle has a 512 NVMe and 2 1TB-SSD. When upgrading to EdgeLinux 2.0 which drive should be used for the OS? In the 1.0, SSD1 was used and NVMe was only used for cache.

Thanks

Hi @ansontsao

Our standard installation (fresh install / factory reset) uses one of the 1TB SSDs to install its OS and the rest of the drive and other drive is used as mirrored zpool for redundancy of the zpool data.

However since you have 512GB NVME (usually used for cache), I will reach out to our Hardware team to see if its possible or recommended to install edgeLinux on there.

Thank you,
antsle Support

FYI, I tried installing on the nvme drive but it fails, as antman jar appears not to be installed

Hi @ansontsao

I heard back from our Hardware team and they confirmed that you can install on NVME.

You will need to use the following steps for installation.

Install on NVME drive but then choose "I will configure zpools on my own when prompted".

Then you can configure the zpools manually with the following instructions below:

Here is how to manually set up a raidz zpool after the edgeLinux OS install is complete:

Stop antman and docker services
systemctl stop antman
systemctl stop docker

Delete the contents of the docker directory
rm -rf /var/lib/docker/*

Run 'lsblk' to view the drives and partitions. We will need to create a new partition on first drive with the boot partition. This new partition will use the rest of the disk space.
parted -a optimal /dev/sda
unit mib
print

Use the end of the last partition as the start of the new partition - your numbers may differ and it may prompt to use a different location to use for the partition - agree.
mkpart antlets 16384 -1
print
quit

Then using the same number create a couple of partitions on the second drive
parted -a optimal /dev/sdb
unit mib
mklabel gpt
mkpart swap 1 16384
mkpart antlets 16384 -1
print
quit

Create the swap
mkswap /dev/sdb1
swapon /dev/sdb1

Add or edit the line for the swap in /etc/fstab. The fstab file should contain the line:
/dev/sdb1 none swap sw 0 0

Create the raidz zpool with the newly created partitions and the last drive.
zpool create antlets raidz /dev/sda4 /dev/sdb2 /dev/sdc

Create the default zfs file systems
zfs create antlets/_templates
zfs create antlets/_tmp
zfs create antlets/_backups
zfs create antlets/_docker -o mountpoint=/var/lib/docker

Run the antMan upgrade script
upgrade-antman

You are basically setting up a mirrored zpool on the two SSD drives.

You may have to clean up the SSD's with the following commands:

Just clean up the SSDs using parted with the command mklabel gpt might have to do a wipefs -a /dev/sdx first.

Hope that helps explain things a bit more.

Thank you,
antsle Support