Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralOversubscribing CPU's
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Oversubscribing CPU's

Can you oversubscribe the CPU's?  I.e. I have 8 cores, but they are idle most of the time, can I create additional instances such that they are using 10 or 12 cores?

Hi @jnials

While you are not able to assign more CPU's than available for each antlet, you can add more CPU's than you have cumulatively for your system.

For example, let's say your system supports 4 CPU's, I've been able to add three (3) antlets with 2 CPU's each (3 x 2 = 6 CPU's).

Your performance will vary depending on OS and CPU's.  The Linux antlets tend to use less resources than Windows in general.

Thanks,
antsle Support