Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

noVNC icons not showing antMan 3.? endgeLinux 2.0.0

Hi all,

I had been plagued by the noVNC menu icons not showing and I finally tracked down the issue to a python2.7 mimetypes missing type for .svg.

This may have been a mis-fire on the build of the edgeLinux 2.0.0 or a glitch with mailcap or something similar, but, the fix that I put in place corrected the issue.

Your mileage may vary but here's what was up.

You can check to see if the mimetype for .svg is going to be rendered using this command on the edgeLinux command-line:

python -c 'import mimetypes; mimetypes.init(); print mimetypes.types_map[".svg"]'

If the type is missing you'll get something like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
KeyError: '.svg'

Which means the mapping is missing in /usr/lib/python2.7/mimetypes.py

Add an appropriately sorted entry to the types_map array

'.svg' : 'image/svg+xml',

(don't forget the comma if you aren't adding it to the end of the array, which you shouldn't - it should go before '.swf')

After that you should have your menu icons on the noVNC window.

Hi infobro:

Thanks for the info!

I'll share with our team.

infobro has reacted to this post.
infobro

How doI fix the icons where do I type in a command to fix?

Hi @feraco

The issue is more on the developer side.  We've created bug ticket to fix the issue and I'll contact our developers.

In the mean time, you can use Mozilla Firefox which mostly doesn't have the broken icons.