Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral: GeneralNo valid license issue
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

No valid license issue

The server has been down for 6 months, and had to put some things back together and now that all is set, I get this No valid license issue being displayed.

Hi @andrew-phillips

Thanks for contacting antsle Support.

Here are some troubleshooting steps below you can take for the licensing error.

Is the anthilld service running on your antsle? Try restarting it in antMan > Services. Or from the command line with
service anthilld restart

You can check the status with
service anthilld status

It might take a couple of minutes for anthilld to retrieve the license file.
It doesn't hurt to restart the antman service as well in antMan > Main menu: Actions > Restart antMan service. Or from the command line with
service antman restart

Can the antsle communicate with the public internet?
ping -c3 8.8.8.8
ping -c3 google.com
ping -c3 anthill.antsle.com

What is the machine id? You can get this from the browser by entering the url you use to open antman and append '/machine-id'
Examples:

http://myantsle.local/machine-id
https://mydomain.antsle.us/machine-id
http://x.x.x.x:3000/machine-id

Where x.x.x.x is the private IP address of the antsle.

As an alternative, you can also download the license file from your anthill.antsle.com account. In the 'My Servers' page click the 'Actions' pulldown for the serial-number with the issue and choose 'Download license'.

From a terminal on your computer you could use 'scp' to copy the file to your antsle (replace the IP addr with the IP addr of your antsle). 'scp' is always available on Mac OS and might work on Windows 10
scp license-xxxx-x-xxxx-xxxx-x.txt [email protected]:/etc/edgeLinux/antman_license

Or use an sftp client like filezilla. Place it in /etc/edgeLinux/. Then rename the file to 'antman_license'.
To rename the file from the command line of the antsle
cd /etc/edgeLinux
mv license-xxxx-x-xxxx-xxxx-x.txt antman_license

Restart the anthilld and antman services
service anthilld restart
service antman restart

Or reboot with the command 'reboot'

Thank you,
antsle Support

So I have tried restarting anthilld & antman in terminal, I have also tried restarting antman from the GUI. When I run those status commands in the terminal I only get 1 line stating * Status: Started. I am expecting more information, perhaps it is stuck on starting up?
I have also manually downloaded and moved over the license.
Also, if i reboot my machine, the name of the antsle turns to (none).

machine ID: _893B1CD0430737B98F10A55484A2AED1

Hi @andrew-phillips

I had updated your account in antHill.

Try using these commands:

service anthilld restart
service anthilld status

Then try reloading antMan.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Copying over the license and rebooting did not work for me.

Hi Andrew:

Thanks for letting us know.

Please send us an e-mail at support@antsle.com and our Support team can work with you.

Thank you,
antsle Support

Your license may expire or become invalid. You will need to obtain a new license or renew the existing one.

pokedoku