Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

need help resetting edgelinux nextwork!!

had a ram chip failure... crashed system. rebooted and the server has bypassed the bad chip ( now running 20G ram instead of 24G).

EdgeLinux boots OK.. but (VERY STRANGE) the network interface is now on 192.168.199.110 instead of the default 192.168.199.220 that sits been running on for years.

So... nothing is accessible! I finally figured out the IP change, and now I can SSH/SFTP into the machine at IP 110.

But I have to figure out what files to edge to get the edge1.local to respeond on the new IP ( and remap the web ports for three VMs in there, obviously).

Can anyone pass me some hints? It's been ages since this was all setup and there have been numerous Antman upgrades since then.

I guess in a perfect world, I could grab the latest VHD files ( or whatever the antlets live on) on copy them to a NAS , then nuke the whole thing and move to that new "Centos Based" Edgelinux ( is that ready yet?)

But would also be nice just to get this one up and running so I could test something on our local DEV server running on one of the antlets ( which was my original plan for the morning... "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley..."

@rockandroller you can migrate to edgeLinux 2.0 via this process here. It's still new but so far it's been working well for those who've migrated.

https://docs.antsle.com/system/edgelinux-os-architecture#how-to-migrate-from-edgelinux-1-based-on-gentoo-to-edgelinux-2-0

Let me know if you have questions about it.

rockandroller has reacted to this post.
rockandroller