Antsle Forum

Welcome to our Antsle community! This forum is to connect all Antsle users to post experiences, make user-generated content available for the entire community and more. 

Please note: This forum is about discussing one specific issue at a time. No generalizations. No judgments. Please check the Forum Rules before posting. If you have specific questions about your Antsle and expect a response from our team directly, please continue to use the appropriate channels (email: [email protected]) so every inquiry is tracked. 

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Nano - Restart from scratch ?

Page 1 of 2Next

I'd like learn how to reinstall the Nano from scratch.

What would the process be to do that ?

I am also interested in this. I guess I should have taken a img of the sdcard before doing anything, but it's too late for that now.

SD

My Nano just stopped last night, dont know how, dont know why, cant communicate to it at all.

Router was issuing an IP Address, but couldn't SSH or even ping. Had to power down (a few times) the NANO, now the router doesn't even see it.

I'm thinking, ok i crashed the OS because of dropping power to it a few times, Whats one supposed to do with it you cant talk to it.

Now i'm stuck.

I'd also like to start from scratch. This NANO has been nothing but trouble from the start. I didn't sign up to be a beta tester of this product.

Hey! We just released an official nano image, you can download it here: https://dl.antsle.com/edgelinux-nano.zip

Just flush the image to the sd card, put it back in your Nano and connect it to power. Then, follow these setup-steps: https://docs.antsle.com/setup-nano

If you should experience any other issues with your Nano, please contact support here: https://support.antsle.com

Cheers, Marc

@mpbaum

his is great! I assume this is the same edgeLinux version that ships with the nano?

In the setup docs, there's this: "DO NOT use the same serial-number twice, or it will invalidate your license".

Does that applies if we use the official nano image to wipe the nano and start from scratch?

Cheers!

StephanD

@shop

The released edgeLinux image for the Nano comes with the latest antMan 3.0.0e and all the fixes the update includes - so (depending on when you purchased your Nano) probably more up to date than your current setup.

You should be able to install the serial-number you received with your Nano, but only on that device. If you should have any issues with activating your license, please contact support and we'll get that sorted out asap.

@mpbaum

I wasn't aware 3.0.0e was out. Is there a link where releases are listed?

And same for edgeLinux, what is the latest version on the nano? I cannot use the "upgrade-edgelinux" or "upgrade-antman" without specifying the version  number (looks like it tries to look for the Gentoo version).

Cheers!

SD

@shop It was just released, we'll be sending an official email to all Nano owners informing them of the new release either today or tomorrow. Once the transition to edgeLinux 2.0 is complete, you'll find all release announcements here: https://antsle.com/company/release-announcements/

Regarding upgrading edgeLinux: The current version of edgeLinux is 0.12.1 (based on gentoo) and edgeLinux 2.0.0 (in beta for amd64, based on centos). The Nano already comes with the latest edgeLinux version (2.0.0) preinstalled.

Since the transition is not fully complete yet (as mentioned above) you won't be able to run upgrade-edgelinux on version 2.0.0. There will be another release announcement once the release is official, which will be quite soon - so stay tuned😉

Stephan has reacted to this post.
Stephan

@mpbaum I put my Nano away because of the many challenges I had trying to configure it. Today, I started anew with flashing the Nano image to start over and things are much easier for me. I am intermittently at this but so far its a vast improvement. Thanks.

Somethings up with my new Nano. On boot it takes about a minute to reach the cli login prompt.  However it is another 12 glorious minutes until Antman is available to login.  All the while the nano is complaining of various things and links not ready (after the login prompt)

So my question... is the raspbian.lxc template in the download file edgelinux-nano.zip? It was included with my nano and I want to use it so I want to make sure it is still there.

Thanks

Uploaded files:
  • 20200424_112751.jpg
Page 1 of 2Next